View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 03:31 PM   #252
zilo
BANNED

Default Re: Marriage - Bliss or Prison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmick View Post
None of what you said explains why you are so against same sex marriage, or same sex parents but we'll let that one slide. I am going to assume you're somehow threatened by them, and 'traumatised' by your experience in the gay share house, but that is way outside of this discussion.

...although it possibly explains the island thing though, you running away from something?

In effect my Ex and I are in a 'dysfunctional 3 parent family' by your own narrow-minded definition...except it's not dysfunctional.

Is that purely because my kids were brought up by a man and a woman, or is it just good/good enough parenting? None of them drink, smoke, take drugs, drive irresponsibly or beat their partners.

I am not saying it's all smooth sailing, my kids and my fiance's kids are all in their 20s (and 30s for Glen) and thankfully only my youngest and her youngest live with us. My Ex still likes/liked to have put in her 2c worth whenever 'her' kids are involved but that has mostly stopped now given their ages.

We have grand-children on both sides, my 'dysfunctional' eldest is now a dad, he works and is bringing up two daughters of his own with his wife. For someone so 'dysfunctional' he seems to be coping pretty well.

My 'dysfunctional' youngest graduated from Melbourne Uni Bachelor of Science with Honours and walked straight into a job, for someone so 'dysfunctional' she is going pretty well too.
Woa....and a big "Ad Hominem" to you too my boy.

There's plenty of time for the statistical fact I quoted to emerge.

Good to hear your kid might improve the gene pool and buck the statistical trend....maybe....

Sometimes someone bluntly telling you that you are a statistic gives you the opportunity to focus on not being one.

You're welcome...

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)

Last edited by zilo; 10-06-2020 at 03:44 PM. Reason: added a bit more.
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote