View Single Post
Old 19-06-2020, 11:15 PM   #20
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australia under state sponsored cyber attack

No accusations? We wont name names but......China . Current headlines on the ABC website right now:

Cyber attacks are retaliation from China's spy agency for Huawei's 5G ban, insiders say

Why China is being blamed for cyber attacks on Australia, and what its hackers might be looking for

China denies being behind cyber attack on Australia, foreign ministry spokesman calls claims 'baseless'

If ABC went to US or UK officials and asked if it was them...how do you think they would react? "thanks for asking, but no. have a nice day?"

I didn't expect Scomo to reveal all the nittty gritty details, as that would be against national security interests. But I expect more than "this is not new", "this has been ongoing for sometime", "use of copy paste exploits". I'm grumpy because the b@stard disturbed my sleep in this morning. Wasted my morning on an "emergency" call with overseas counterparts to investigate if our data centre was being targeted as we are a prime target.....only to find out now it was pretty much just a bloody hoax!

The danger with doing these sorts of stunts is that, when a real serious situation does present itself, Australians will start to second guess whether it is actually real.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: