View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 12:59 PM   #112
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: The WORST Falcon model, and why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD 351 Ute View Post
Off topic Alert!!

Post quoted, as it's how I feel about our Aussie Falcons too.
I've read through this thread a number of times now, trying to put thoughts
into words. I can't quite pick a "worst" Falcon, and it seems there's some tough task masters in here.

I'd like to suggest rather than a worst Falcon, perhaps discussion has centred around the worst "Ford Cost Cutting Measure or Design Stuff Up".
As a number of issues raised have presented themselves over a fair few models of Falcons. Cooling systems, head gaskets, bolt, interior crap, door handles, door hinges, etc, etc... That's easier for me to pick than a worst Falcon.

Having grown up with a fair number of models, and unashamedly owning a majority of XD-XG series, now an E, a B, and finally an FGII, I've seen a lot of things that make me want to drive them off a cliff at times.

But as others have compared these things with other makes and models, we have probably fared somewhere in the middle.
There are the obvious Friday arvo specials that are just pieces of junk from new, and yeah, I reckon they'd turn my hair greyer than it already is.

As 98LTS has writte, I love all my Falcons, and accept their faults.
I don't look forward to repairing the BF or FGII when they decide to stop, but will cross that bridge when I get to it!

Ed
Bang on and very good point overall - worst Falcon model ?
Thats a lottery regards what model and when from your own ownership experience.
You can nominate every model has this :
Very happy owner experience
So so happy owner experience
Unhappy ownership experience
Absolutely worst ownership experience
All the above will fall into X model and the type of comments those owners would make for and against.
Sure %'s would rule if your doing a proper survey across all models but we're coming from individual experiences for comment.

Any new model us Enthusiasts have bought new or second hand we did for the love of our Falcons for daily use/needs.
My XC ute was a utter POS sadly as much as I loved it, I wouldn't tell people not in the know what was wrong with it thats for sure but that was my worst model experience but yet Moff did the great 1 2 finish so the model has great memories at the same time, you move on.
Old man had a XA V8 coupe, never a prob it was perfecto.
XR V8 Fairmont another brilliant ownership experience.
Had a XF panelvan, so damn reliable it was great barring no V8 then.
You can see I have a T3, looks subjective to some as we know but one of the most reliable models made and good quality.
The Sprint as the finale, we've all seen what issues have/are occuring sadly BUT I love them Warts and All just as mentioned above - accept the faults no matter how much we know wrong re cost cuts/short cuts etcetc....
Every model has made positive and negative impact depending when in your time.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: