View Single Post
Old 22-07-2020, 04:44 PM   #320
gooseneck
Banned

Default Re: KIA - Would you buy one?

I wouldnt buy any asian car again unless its a toyota corolla or camry and it would have to be a hybrid.

I've found that the fuel economy of any asian car that I've owned is the same or worse than the falcons that i've owned, the only difference is the lack of towing capacity and lack of power and the more difficulty of repairs on the engine and higher cost of parts on asian engines. Tried pricing 6x fuel injectors for a 90s 3VZ-FE? you have to import refurbished ones from the USA and get lucky that you got an honest seller that doesnt sell you ones that have been just cleaned.

A fuel pump carrier was priced at $800 from toyota. i asked him for the fuel pump... guess he meant the carrier and pump too.
Fuel injector was $600 each.
ECU needed replacing too but thankfully the problem was a leaky capacitor and I repaired it and the corroded trace.

Traffic has never been worse on the roads too and I'm concerned with crash protection especially with all of the 4x4s and suvs on the road. If I had ever crashed my previous Vienta I wouldnt be alive.

But I have no intentions of ever selling my AU3 Falcon Ute so it would have to be a second car.

If I was stuck with having to buy a new car I would get an F-150 or mustang or ranger.

Last edited by gooseneck; 22-07-2020 at 05:04 PM.
gooseneck is offline   Reply With Quote