View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 09:10 PM   #2289
mondeomatureguy

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Hi guys,
I had a fantastic day yesterday. As a lot of you will know I own an MC Ford Mondeo petrol engine Hatchback and its due for Rego in two weeks.

When my wife and I bought it back in 2012 we used to take it to a Mechanic and he would service it and really look after it and was just a very straight forward guy who did a great job.

Now because I lost my job due to the Corona Virus at the moment I don't have cash to spare. I went to the Ford Dealer and asked "how much a Rego Check and a Transmission service would cost'?

I was told "between 500 and 600 hundred dollars". I went back home and phoned our Mechanic who is in Sydney and he told me $310.00.
I drove up there yesterday got the job done. My Mondeo has just clicked over 339,000Km ( yes I know its a lot) and most of it is Highway Driving not stop start driving.

I picked it up and the Mechanic said to me " mate its got some ks on it now but I cant get over how good it still goes and its very smooth still".
He said " with that many ks on it you wouldn't get much for it so you might as well keep it"

Which I was going to do any way and why would I sell it. All these years ive had it ive put New Rotors and brake Pads, had Two Battery's, Engine mount and a water pump.
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote
12 users like this post: