View Single Post
Old 18-12-2020, 04:51 PM   #210
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Cars you don't see many of anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t View Post
It is my mission to get this on the road in 2021! I've just been very lazy.

I rescued this old duck before anyone else could buy it, it was too tidy to see it be run into the ground by a P plater. 64k on the clock. Once one of Ford Australia's best selling vehicles, put together by Australians in Sydney's Homebush plant.

A cheap piece of Australian automotive history, slowly creeping up in price, but it isn't about money, its about showing what wind up windows were and no power steering.

My favourite memory of that car is when we took it camping from Mildura to White Cliffs, via the Menindee Lakes. We loaded that thing up to the hilt, roof racks and all. Every time we got to a floodway we had to stop and unload everything to make the car as light as possible, then once over the other side pack it all up again.

We didn’t make it to White Cliffs, we were a couple of hours out and we got stuck in a flood way, bogged to the doors. Had to wait a few hours before a LandCruiser came through and pulled us out. The Laser took everything we could throw at it and then some (except the last floodway)!
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: