View Single Post
Old 14-04-2006, 02:15 PM   #66
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake_7
steven,i spend 8 hours on an xr5 focus drive day,i spoke with the guy from germany who is here to launch the xr5 turbo i asked him if we will see an AWD,his words were with a sly look ..europe will get the awd first,and then down under within 2 yrs,i said to him what if it doesnt sell well as awd he said no chance of that?! go figure expert
Might I refer you to a post I made earlier, post #45. Try reading it.

Quote:
No, the LR RS was a front wheel drive, actually not too dissimilar from an LS "ST" XR5 Turbo... in European magazine "Car", Jost Capito the Director of Ford Team RS was quoted as saying regarding the potential new RS:

"I think with this new ST, a new RS would be much more accepted than the last model. You don't need any more than the ST, but if you offer it people will want it.
Financially, to spend money on a very low-volume model such as an RS is a very difficult decision at the moment. When you've achieved the volume in sales then you can do a car for enthusiasts, a car that really respests your motorsport activity. Things very much depend on the success of the ST, but if it goes well then an RS would be possible."

Here's hoping!!!!!!!
Hmm Jost Capito or a new random forum member... who to believe? :