View Single Post
Old 25-05-2021, 06:14 PM   #424
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

I got my first super-user mode match today... request AE 14 25 unlocks with response 00 00 BC

I was excited, but an hour later that excitement has all but faded.

I plugged in the request-response data into a brute force secret key generator (which is 5 bytes) and there are 65,536 different secret keys that will unlock that one match (out of 1,099,511,627,776). Now I need to wait for a 2nd match to find a reduced set of secret keys (maybe 256 or less of them???). I could also just change the program now and send in the 65K different translations (may take less than 21 days, which is where I'm up to now) but I'd like a 2nd confirmed match from my current program anyway (as I now know it's working).

I say I got one match today, but I actually got two matches... But they were the same request-response... You can see it took 21 days and the counter to reach BC (or 188 in people-speak) which means (24 hours * 21 days = 504 ...so... 504 hours / 188 = 2.68) so on average it's asking for the same request every few hours.

At first, when I saw the two identical matches when I got home from work, I thought I had a bug in the program. Then it dawned upon me, I'll be seeing more of this same match over the coming days/weeks. The specific counter for a specific request doesn't increase for a positive match - so no bugs.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: