View Single Post
Old 29-05-2021, 06:43 PM   #428
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Too...many...beers... (so not much more progress for tonight)

But here's a command that wasn't doing anything before I could unlock the device (31 AB 00 is the command to initiate the USB Update process that's on all these devices - which isn't the one I want, as I want the one that runs a custom shell script off the USB stick):

Here you can see my attempt to run the command previously, enter mode FA (81=standard, 85=super, 87=enhanced, FA=update... super-user mode completely resets the device as soon as you leave it, not sure what's going on there, but with the new unlock code I can remain in that mode as long as I want and execute commands no other modes have). Condition not correct means I have not entered the required key for the security mode yet when I attempt 31 AB 00.

When I do though, things start working... Console output mentions line 322 has failed to kill something (not to worry though) and soon after it detect the USB stick doesn't contain the files it wants:

You can barely make out the script reference at line 322 (kill) & 329 (Waiting for USB storage device)

^^^ and right at the bottom (very blurry) "USB storage device not found"

Getting close though
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
8 users like this post: