View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 10:55 PM   #429
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Cars you don't see many of anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I'd love a Ford Spectron - there was this absolutely mint yellow one for sale, I'm pretty sure its the one in this article, then I saw some ABC News program using it after it sold for like $10K.

https://www.caradvice.com.au/760350/...ford-spectron/

I don't know why I have a fetish for people movers at the moment

I'll probably have an Islander missus next and have 13 kids
LOL
I don't remember the ford spectron or mazda traveller because no one bought them - the commercial variants econovan and e1800 I do remember though.
The best selling passenger vans here were the mits l300 and toyota liteace and hiace and I feel like I missing out a bit there because they were column shifters and the 'floor' shifter on the ford/mazda looks crazy.

My Dad traded in his kingswood when I was 6 y/o and all he bought was various mits or toyota vans in my childhood. Shame he never bought a mazda 'bongo' (they kept that name in Japan all that time even though they gave them boring names for our market after the 70s).
But anyway, one of the first 'cars' I ever drove before getting my licence was in one of those mits or toyota column shift vans of my dads.

E: Last time I saw aussie assembled F trucks or broncos was in the 90s, when carpenters or brickies used them because they were pulling a trailer full of tools all day. They were pretty rusty back then so I suspect that was their demise, rust.

Last edited by oldel; 04-08-2021 at 11:00 PM.
oldel is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: