View Single Post
Old 21-08-2021, 06:40 PM   #3646
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Hmmmm, i ran my rc car yesterday. Didnt have time to romp on it before i broke it. I was playing with one weird traction stability setting that annoys me, then it started handling odd. Yep, it wasnt broken suspension bits. I snapped another axle. Thats axle #5. The 1st 4 were the stock plastic ones that i replaced with stock plastic ones due to availability yet ordered upgraded metal ones from the other side of the world which took their time to arrive. This one was one of the metal ones. So i have ordered a pair of replacements, i do have 4 stock plastic ones as spares. So i already have a tracking number, but come Monday, depending on what that says will sway my aspiration to change both fronts to stockys or wait it out. Changing 1 is a fiddly pain. 2 is a double pain. If its not too long for the new set, only 1 will be swapped, 1 will be spare.
So far the list of breakage is 1 lower suspension arm, 4 stock axles, 1 metal axle.
Am i upset? No, im kind of impressed. So the list of modifications.... well, there are none. I dont reckon metal axles are a modification if in stock form the thing can still pull a number on them.
Maybe 1st mod will be taller gearing. Yes more top end, but slower acceleration will reduce driveline stress.

Have you ever thought about starting a blog!...not joking, I reckon it would go down quite well, I don't have or never will have an RC Car, but your posts seem to suck me into liking reading about em!...

Cheers Billy
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote