Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 12:23 PM   #1034
John 13

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
After years of service I turn over my Honda mowers after the bases give up. Never had an engine problem (touch wood), oil, plug, filter and clean fuel they start first time, every time for years!

#No1 Honda fanboy
In 1978 I purchased a vertical shaft Honda GV35 4 stroke engine. At that time I had not seen any Honda mowers. Put the engine on a Rover chassis (that engine was worn out) Eventually that chassis cracked up, put the engine on a pressed metal Pope chassis. Eventually the wheels gave up. Anyway several sets of wheels, a scrounged set of handles and a heavy metal four blade disk later, the motor still runs perfectly. In about 1989 the valves required resetting, (I think just a bit was ground off the stems. Incidentally the original plastic air cleaner cracked up and I replaced it with a fabricated elbow, some flexible pipe onto an industrial type dry element unit mounted on the handles. It was always too much trouble replacing the recoil starter cord so for years I have started it with an electric drill.
AND just recently I had to make a new slide arrangement for the throttle, I don't think the engine came with a throttle cable etc. so that too was scrounged.
I also have a Lawn Beetle(LBP350)engine on a Masport chassis, but that's another story.
John 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: