View Single Post
Old 18-04-2006, 06:50 PM   #90
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Few suggestions in this thread saying XR6T and XR5T arent related....

Im not sure thats true. We're going through a buying decision at the moment with two things in our heads...growing family and fuel consumption.

We've swayed from our initial thought of Territory for me (the commuter) to Territory for the wife (who actually moves the kids around and does 1/4 the kms). Why drive the big Terri to work and back empty every day (100kms a day)?

Anyway, leaves the gate open for me. Ordinarily I'd likely slap for the XR6T. Its what I'd REALLY like...but the timing is making me think.
1) My car is no longer going to be the 'people mover', so Im happy with enough extra space to carry the kids or some of them occasionally
2) The Falc is much dearer than XR5T to buy
3) The Falc is much dearer to run than the XR5T

What Im trying to say is Im that sort of buyer who has the two on my list. The XR5T being 5 door makes that happen. It means I can downsize and still enjoy something interesting and fun. And show some economic responsibility to the family by spending less initially, and having lower ongoing costs.

So for a buyer like me its a very real alternative. Im a bit distressed about supply suggestions above though....I dont have a ton of time to source a car and it may be that I'll have to pass it over just because I cant get one in the needed time frame (end of lease)....

I think Ford have brought this car out in a very timely fashion....and it will steal some XR6/6T sales courtesy of being a 5 door cheaper/smaller/more economical option for the mid-life crisis type

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote