View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 06:22 PM   #3
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: MD Mondeo recent purchase - features?

Hi Guest,

There is a ford site (EITSS or somesuch) which allows you to enter your VIN and it gives you the build spec for your exact car - perhaps someone can clarify the site for you.

There is also a member who will do this if you provide them with your VIN but I can not remember the username - again perhaps another member can help.

SFAIK the cars of that build period built for Australia did not have TPMS fitted, mine certainly doesn't and it was built in Sept of 2016. But I'm amazed that your car has had a tyre change inside 11,000 km distance - are you sure about the milage? The OE Continentals on our car lasted until 34,000 km.

The GPS has fixed red light camera alerts provided you have the map on the screen as there is not always an audible warning. It shows as a red triangle with an exclamation mark in it at the intersections that are fitted with them - but I'm still running the 2016 maps and later versions may not include the facility. I do not think mobile sites get covered - at least I have not noticed the exclamation mark popping up anywhere other than intersections.

I think speed settings are available, but they are buried in the menu structure. I do not use them so I can't be sure. I find the adaptive cruise is much more useful as it keeps to the speed setting rather well and with the 5kph adjustments for each press of the -ve or +ve buttons allows setting to the speed limit quickly.

I discovered you need to be careful with the manual because it covers all of the equipment that could be fitted and Ford Aus seem to vary the spec level for the cars they order from batch to batch. So some things that one batch has are omitted in the next (more accurately often replaced with something else).

Our drink flasks fit neatly into the cup holders, but we had to search to find some that were appropriate sizes.

If I think of anything else I'll post a follow up.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote