View Single Post
Old 22-12-2021, 09:35 PM   #530
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
There still appears to be no way to "extract" the firmware already in a module. They talk about it, saying it might be added one day. This is important as our cars age, because some firmwares are not available from Ford, think limited runs in the last few years of FoA making cars - I.E. GTF, FGX - where they found no bugs in firmwares, so never needed to upload a patched version for the dealers. Their download site does not host original version firmwares (everyone got at least that version already installed in the module in their new car). So you can't "convert" an FG2 cluster to a FGX one, even though the software is the only difference.
Today, after the best part of 7 days working solid on this, I have extracted the two FGX firmware areas, signal-config and firmware-exe, and the Central Config cluster at the end. The first 20KB (the primary boot loader) cannot be extracted... I guess that's not important (I assume they are all the same, since the FG2 secondary boot loader works on the FGX... Now to try it on a FG[I]).

The RAM cannot be extracted either, so, no EEPROM copy without disassembly of the IPC module to get physical access.

That's pretty much the usual method though, so I'm very happy with what I've got now.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: