Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 23-12-2021, 01:54 PM   #17413
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Your approach on the personal front makes sense.

But interested in the travel bit. Like how will officials know your results are genuine? Do you bring the coloured "strip" to show them? And whats to say you didn't run the test on someone else.

I must say, I'm really surprised that we are still seeing 10s of thousands of people willing to line up for hours to get tested, excluding holiday makers.
I have to do something sensible every now and then or people might think I was the village idiot.

Chicken lady changes direction like a fart in the wind. It could be something she's said just to placate other state governments given how many people are testing just to get into Qld.

I'm sure I saw an article earlier this week that said something like 160,000 people have travelled here since the border opened and there are still 200,000 border passes that have been issued. That's a fu*k load of tests. All of who have to be retested 5 days after arrival. Make that a double fu*k load of tests.

Like you I'm stunned at the testing numbers. I cant understand what would make someone wake up at 5am drag the whole family into a car to sit in a line for 5 hours in the sun to get a test that has no real basis for needing.

The only thing I can think of is the scaremongering by the media and messages from the government. Got everyone running scared and in a panic.