Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2022, 04:09 PM   #18009
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
To be fair I wasn’t really referring to people already at retirement age. If you’re nearly there, you’ve already had a good life with the majority of it unimpeded by a pandemic or epidemic. You probably already own a house and have an established career.

Think of the teens at the moment and how their life will play out. Covid has affected their schooling, it will have an effect on getting a job and starting a career. They still have to pay considerably more for housing than you guys probably did, they’ll get told repeatedly by older generations that they have to work hard for a good retirement and can’t have everything now.. but when they finally get to that age there will still be a disease around that kills the elderly in greater numbers than the flu… as well as the flu still being around too. Then there’s having to live with the climate change consequences that prior generations caused, what a life to look forward to.
Hearing the way my daughters and my grandkids talk of this virus and all of the world problems does not seem to faze them in any way, if any they hold lots of plans and hope for the future, makes me wonder who you are listenening to.
There has been plenty of doomsday scenerios throughout my life and I tend to ignore them and get on with life as one should.
You only live once so make the best of it!

Cheers.
3 users like this post: