View Single Post
Old 03-02-2022, 09:23 PM   #637
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

I've got one, yes it is familiar to me, here's a photo I took tonight...

But I've never seen a splash screen come out of it! But even on my MKII I have not bothered to enable the ICC ignition splash screen (but I did on boot, which is automatic with the > 2013 firmware, where my car is a 2012).

You can download the firmware for these from the Ford site: 8R29-14D017-AC

I've converted it to a "flat" binary file (using a program I wrote for .PHF firmware files) and I can see a couple of splash images in there. The thing is though, when I flashed my MKII ICC unit, I needed the SBL (which may not be needed here) but it erases the entire flash (unlike the MKII cluster where I can reprogram 4KB blocks at a time). So to do this "quest" will involve editing the firmware and reflashing it in its entirety.

The secret key on these is: 0x42, 0x72, 0x61, 0x64, 0x57 ("BradW")

But I would only be re-inventing the wheel, so to speak, if I took this idea any further.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: