View Single Post
Old 11-02-2022, 01:10 AM   #5
creative
I am Batman

Default Re: Ghosts and other supernatural things

Myself and my mum have many many ghost stories..... We seem to susceptible to it.
Having lived and worked in many very old pubs in the UK we experienced a number of things.. 3 most memorable for me were:

The mad monk that haunted the green keepers shed at south leeds golf club where I lived in my early teens. This ghost was always upto something, moving things etc but the one I remembered the most vividly was myself and a friend were in the snooker room on the second level that had windows either side, of which overlooked the carpark and across to the greenkeepers shed. No lights on except the tables. Both myself and friend felt the snooker room go very cold at one end was weird but not the first time, temp returned to normal and looking out across the carpark we started to see all the lights in the green keepers shed start turning on and off in different windows in random patterns.... that was our Que to go to bed!

Next was a pub in Bradford. Again I was up late one night playing pool in the pool room, no other lights on except the table and music on! temp drop again and I saw something move out the corner of my eye, looked down through the bar area and saw someone standing at the end of the bar holding onto the pumps. they then moved to their right behind a wall out of sight. Grabbed the cue and flicked all the lights on and went to investigate, ready for confrontation..... found nothing! My que for bed I think!Couple of days later I was talking to some of the locals and described what had happened and described the person. Everyone of them confirmed that was one of the old locals that had had a heart attack in the toilets and sadly passed... where this "person" disappeared to was.. the toilet area.

Last one for me was a hotel I ran in West Witton. It was an old coach house and was very very haunted by 2 ghosts. One was a lady that died in a fire at the far end of the building and we always rented that room out last... lol the other complaint we used to get from guests was a child running up and down the upstairs hallway that ran down the middle of the building. This corridor was directly above the bar area and many many many occasions we would also hear her running up and down and giggling. Freaked many a guest out when she did it!

Mum has alot of similar experiences in the places she used to work in but these were the ones that stood out for me.
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere
creative is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: