View Single Post
Old 17-04-2022, 09:17 PM   #22
mondeomatureguy

Default Re: Most degrading jobs

Hi Guy's
First of all i must point out "i hate rude people". Good manner's don't cost anything and a please and thank you goes a long way.
Way back in 2001 when my divorce was going thru and it all got too much for my little mind, i left my job after 7 years and took a break.

I got a part time job driving a truck for a bloke who wasn't very nice and was very rude.
It was Easter 2001 and i was told to drive a truck to Canberra to deliver Easter Eggs and boxs of Choclate to stores in Canberra.
The truck i was going to drive was a accident waiting to happen.

When i checked the oil it needed 1 and half litres and need lots of water.
The tyres werent the best and when i told the owner of this he said " i dont give a stuff what you think your job is too drive the truck and shut up".

I left western Sydney in the morning and got as far as Goulburn which is funny because i live in Goulburn now.
Anyhow i phoned the Boss and told him " The truck had broken down in Goulburn and this was around 11.30am in the morning".

I was told to wait and a mechanic would be there soon. I waited till 2.30pm and phoned him again and he said " I havent phoned the mechanic so just wait.
I told him "if the mechanic doesnt turn up at 3.30pm i will leave the keys under the sun visor and go home.
The mechanic never did turn up and i phoned him and said " i warned you i would go home and he said " i am not paying you for today so you can f*** Off.

I left the keys under the sun visor and caught the train back to Sydney.
when i was on the train i was thinking " wouldnt it be funny if all his Choclate had melted because the fridge was turned off because the truck broke down.
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: