View Single Post
Old 13-07-2022, 06:39 PM   #756
jakka351

Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
There are so many issues with that, and yet I'm as close as anyone will get...

https://github.com/varghes/Raspberry-QNX

You can see, I opened an issue there, and I've fixed a bunch of stuff he didn't quite have working properly. This version of QNX (6.5) runs on a Pi Zero W (almost the same CPU as the FG2 ICC) which is 1GHz instead of 666MHz - so it's got a bit of a speed bump on the old ICC's CPU. It's still too slow though. I have the SD card, USB keyboard and mouse, HDMI audio all working along with the QNX Flash Lite 3.1 media player. It's pretty cool, and boots in a matter of seconds into my layerlaunch & layer (v3) programs from my earlier post. A neat toy, for the couple of Pi Zeros I had lying around doing.. not much.

But, you see, this is the old ARMv6 QNX for single core CPU boards. For any recent Pi greater than a zero, you need at least a QNX v7 version... And I can't find an old one anywhere. I can't find a new one either, but once you start using a newer one, you need to use the newer GCC compiler too, and then you lose compatibility with the old ICC software & libs.

So many issues
With QNX v7 could it run on RPI4 without losing compatibility with the old libraries
jakka351 is offline   Reply With Quote