View Single Post
Old 20-08-2022, 03:35 AM   #460
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: KIA - Would you buy one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Daz View Post
I asked for, and got, one of them as a loan car when wifey's Sorento was in for a service (my salesman thought I wanted to buy one so gave me one of the demo's I didnt, but neglected to tell him that) for ****s and giggles... For $22.5k D/a it was alot of fun.. Not fast... at all... but I dunno I enjoyed it more than I thought I would...
It's 14KW down on our povvo spec WS Fiesta but it's missing a cylinder and has 600cc less displacement.

Where it shines is it's peak torque is at 1500-4000 RPM (compared to peak at 4000 RPM for the Fiesta)

it uses about 2L/100km less fuel to boot - that peak torque coming in at 1500 RPM is going to make a world of difference how it feels to drive.

The Fiesta doesn't start moving unless you keep it above 4000 RPM, which can be fun don't get me wrong but when you're cruising along traffic light to traffic light you just want to ride that wave of torque.

Plus it has a nice infotainment system that mirrors your phone for GPS and HVAC consists of a button to turn the AC on or off, there's four fan speeds and a knob for the heater.

It's got the tech where I want it (infotainment and turbo) and it has the basics where I don't want the tech - HVAC.

If that was available 13 years ago I would have bought a Kia Picanto GT as my first car.

The only way it could be better was if it was 100KW/240NM and had six gears
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote