View Single Post
Old 21-09-2022, 07:13 PM   #707
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Greenthumb Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallye Sport View Post
Have you had any dramas with the 4-mix engines DFB?
We have a new combi tool at work with one thats giving us some grief. Apparently the valve trains are very sensitive. The tappet gap can vary the performance significantly. We've been trying to set it but the area is too narrow to get a conventional feeler gauge into. Stihl sell a specific gauge but we've been waiting months for it too come into stock.
The shop is reluctant to do it under warranty (they probably don't have the right gauge either) and after waiting so long I'm just about done with the brand. Time to start trying some new shops and brands I think.
I have heard of that yes, but not experienced it on my machine. You would be using your machines way more than I do with my BR600 backpack blower.

I'm assuming you have the KM 131R? Considering you already have the Kombi tools, I wouldn't be starting from scratch if the tools are still in working order. Stihl offer two other Kombi engines -

KM 56 RC-E - This is the domestic grade engine, 27.2cc with the traditional 2-Mix two stroke design. I actually have this unit myself, the engine on these are pretty well proven but would be a step down in power (0.8 kW vs 1.4 kW)

https://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Produ...M-56-RC-E.aspx

KM 94 RC-E - This is the mid grade unit with a 24.1cc 2-Mix engine. Power sits at 0.9 kW.

https://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Produ...M-94-RC-E.aspx

If it were me, I would just go with the domestic version, it's $170 cheaper and by the time the engines on it's last legs, the tool attachments would be at the end of their life also.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: