View Single Post
Old 13-10-2022, 08:22 AM   #15
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Save Wakefield Petition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
It's a great grassroots track and it is sad to see it close. Hopefully it can be brought back.

The situation is from decades of mismanagement by the track, the council and NSW Gov.

In the early 90's, The track was built and zoned to run 4 events a month running historics from the 1920's and 1930's. Last year, they ran 280 event days. I love motorsport but if I track came up near my place and I was told it would be 4 days a month and instead ran 280, I'd be really annoyed.

There is a new track coming up about 25 minutes from Goulburn in Marulan that approached the noise complaints from neighbours differently... They bought out all their neighbours! This is what Wakefield should've done over the last 3 decades but didn't. They should've worked with council and govt to buy out people and secure the site. But they didn't And now we are in this mess.

The other downside is that until Marulan (Pheasant Wood Circuit) is finished with their upgrades, SMSP have a monopoly for the Sydney Basin. Will be interesting to see how much track hire is next year when we host events there. I've got the KY ready.

Shambles.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Winton is miles from anywhere, been there over 50 years, yet there are ****ers nearby who complain
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: