View Single Post
Old 16-10-2022, 07:17 PM   #714
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Greenthumb Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I hope the Victorian flooding is sparing some of your worksites.

An unrelated note about being a non-ideal nursery customer… The two Elaeocarpus bought early last year, flowered and seeded prolifically. Of course seeds were gathered up and potted. I now have a dozen seedlings started with more likely to come, so my $140 outlay on two plants is heading below $10 each in due course. A former partner’s brown thumb was a real boon to nurseries, they’d sell her the same types of plants regularly.
It's not good. My main job at the nursery is on hold, they had to close it down today until further notice, it's basically isolated now, I'm just hoping the nursey doesn't flood, I put so much effort into that place over the last 18 years. It was looking so good when I left on Thursday.

I can't reach one of my clients on the same side of the river as the nursery, although it looks like they won't flood. Two jobs will be under water now, another I was due to do today but cancelled will be under water tonight, another garden I have made my own over many years now. Two other regulars will have water on the doorstep. My favorite client will be touch and go, another long-term project.

Nothing I can do but wait and see what happens. I have cancelled all my work until further notice, the roads that aren't flooded are very busy, people rushing around trying to prepare. I don't want to be out and about anyway.

As for brown thumbs, those people are in general very unrealistic with what they expect a plant to do, as in water them once and walk away and then wonder why the thing died.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: