View Single Post
Old 20-11-2022, 06:30 PM   #14
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Shannons Design to Driveway Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
I agree.. more divulged here than years of gossip and inuendo...very powerful silo mentality.

Interesting to hear the BA work was well underway before AU first gen was released after the positive feedback initially received at early design stage for AU completely changed by the time it was nearing release....and the knowledge if they got BA wrong there was no second chance.

Made me also think if BA was released before AU and AU followed on say 8 years later what might have been....?
I really liked the tapered side profile of the AU sedan, the strong belt line and the arching rear light/boot lid aesthetics. I even liked the waterfall grill, teamed with the central ridge line on the low-series/XR bonnets. The roof line that domes front to back AND left to right is what ruined the design in my opinion.

For me, I would like to see an AU Falcon design drawing that removes the domed roof and ovoid front and back windscreens. In other words, a BA roof and glass on the AU body..........or the Mecedes CLS.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: