View Single Post
Old 14-04-2023, 08:38 PM   #25
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Queensland drivers could be quizzed on road rules when they renew their licence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jastel View Post
Having just driven from Nth Qld to Melbourne and back I agree with Bossxr8.

Everybody in VIC was doing 96kmh and overtook at 99kmh so one car got past per overtaking lane.

In Qld the 96kmh pensioner would be blasted off the road by someone doing 140kmh but at least there was no 3 km long of cars trying to overtake him...
Thats EXACTLY how I lost my licence, however it was 161km/h, as soon as that overtaking lane opened up I went past properly

Cop was sitting in the middle of the highway, in one of two overtaking areas in the 75km stretch of the road.

First and only time I've seen them there, but it was the one that counted

Thats what they do though, in the 75km stretch of the road, there's two overtaking lanes along the length and then maybe 4 other spots where its safe to do an overtake - thats where they chuck the mobile speed cameras.

Usually what happens is in your two overtaking lanes, someone is going 82km/h and someone else passes at 88km/h and they take up all of the overtaking lane, leaving a huge queue behind them.

A lot of it is due to lack of etiquette to other drivers, people aren't willing to pull over to let people pass when they want to go slow, they'd rather just do 70km/h in the 100 zone, speed up in the overtaking lanes when you try overtake then go back to 70km/h because **** you thats why.

Did you experience the bankup of the 15 or so cars all tailgating each other as the slow poke does the 88km/h overtake in the overtaking lane?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jastel View Post
Averaging Cameras and roadworks clump people together and this is when people take risks and accidents happen...on open roads where everyone can do the speed they want there are less problems.
My local highway has had 30x fatalities and 250x accidents in the past 20 or so years, because of what you're talking about, its a straight road with a couple curves - but the driver behavior people get frustrated, overtake in dangerous spots and have head ons and various accidents.

Its considered a 'blackspot' but its just chock full of retards who like doing 20-30 under the limit, who need to be euthanised.

One of the other local highways, we've had parts of it down to 60km/h for 18 months now, because of a few minor potholes, but the 60 zone extends for over a kilometer past the pothole area and people are sick of it, they just go through at 100km/h, or one person does the 60 then they get overtaken by 10 cars.

Its exactly like when the safety car comes out and the whole field suddenly backs up behind each other - thats the overtaking lanes and the roadworks.

Was in Sydney recently and took the old man out around to do touristy stuff as he'd never been - the old man noticed that on their roads, people move around with more pace than they do around Melbourne, its a big difference.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 14-04-2023 at 09:06 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote