View Single Post
Old 26-04-2023, 12:21 PM   #25
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Trends and Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
I agree with the OP.

On a similar subject matter, I recently heard of a “Kinder” in Melbourne where 4 year olds are prohibited from using the term “GrandMa”, they are forced to use the term “Grandfriend”. The world has gone mad, activists are brainwashing our children.
Just throwing out here an opposite view to generate discussion, based on the comment above. Now, I'm playing devil's advocate here, and I don't necessarily agree or disagree with anything that's being stated here, by me or others.

You're considering an alternate view to yours as being brainwashing' but that's based around your beliefs, which are predominantly formed by what you've been taught (both through the education system you were in and by your family and those around you), and by what you've self learned.

But, like most people, you had little to no control over what you were taught in your formative years and that likely influenced the type of areas that you sought further self education in.

So who's to say that you weren't 'brainwashed' (to use your words) yourself and that you would naturally consider any opposing views as being 'wrong' or that if someone to truly believe what they say they, themselves, must be brainwashed?

Like I said, none of this necessarily reflects my personal views on the topic at hand, it's just interesting how society can view things that differ from what we consider normal as 'out there' when what we believe was so influenced by what others believed to be right in the first place.

And I'm not picking on you at all here Fordman, just that you were the last to use a phrase that could be used to offer a different perspective.

At the end of the day, who is to judge whether a view is 'right' or 'wrong' when we all have a natural bias anyway?

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: