View Single Post
Old 05-06-2023, 09:21 AM   #38
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: Ben Roberts-Smith, Judge says he is a murderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
Err......all Australian service personnel that have toured in Iraq Afghanistan...etc have all volunteered....not compelled by the likes of conscription.

You volunteer..you are complicit.

It's all about the tax free money and benefits.

Hope that clears it up for you.
I'm curious to know when you get back from your umpteenth ban whats the 'tax free money' and all the 'benefits' that personnel get for serving in the Defence Force? If your place of employment had a similar system in place would you complain? If your place of employment then put in the same discipline standards as the army for those benefits, would you still go?
Would you be willing to uproot your family/girlfriend/boyfriend up every 2-4 years to move from state to state? Would you be willing to spend weeks at a time away from your family? Many that claim they could rarely last the first term of enlistment before its all too hard for them. A lot dont even get that far bailing at 'rookies'.

Would you serve your country if needed or would you and others of your ilk would be on the first planes and ships out if here of war broke out? Fighting the good fight from a keyboard overseas ensuring that those behind play by your rules regardless of what the other sides doing?
Part of Defence is fighting overseas in wars we dont understand or believe we should partake in. Those wars, as callous as it sounds, also provide 'real time' training.
I cant defend or support the allegations bought about by the media, I wasnt there and the media has a horrible habit of unbalanced, selective, sensationist and half truth to flat out lies in reporting and but I understand why it happens and the culture of Defence and why its necessary to have soldiers like Roberts-Smith should we ever need them.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: