View Single Post
Old 05-06-2023, 02:56 PM   #48
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: Ben Roberts-Smith, Judge says he is a murderer

Quote:
I don't know why you are sitting on the fence, the allegations have not been tested in a criminal court of law.
Exactly and if and when they are I might get off my fence. But, despite your views this defamation judgement certainly raises doubts about BR-S's credibility and the possibility of a successful criminal prosecution.

As this article says: https://www.murdoch.edu.au/news/arti...d-of-the-story

Quote:
The judgement in this case ought to have minimal impact on Australian forces who are deployed overseas, as following the rules of war is assumed to be part of any mission they undertake. If the case does come as a wake-up call to some, then the ADF will have to further assess its training on the laws of war, its leadership, and its culture.

The Roberts-Smith case, the finding against him and the graphic detail in the publicly available evidence made headlines around the world. If public faith in the ADF is to be restored, together with its international reputation, there must now be an exhaustive process of investigation and prosecution of any war crimes committed in Afghanistan.