Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2023, 01:26 AM   #3606
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Been a while since I regularly rode to and from work.

Commuting to work by train/bike was something I just enjoyed doing when we lived on the NSW Central Coast for a while.
Yes- riding to work is a great way to start the day.

I am now commuting from home to work, but on alternate days and when there is no rain.

For years I did not bother commute cycling as the traffic along Pacific Highway was too dangerous to ride from Eleebana Heads to Newcastle.

Then I discovered the Fernleigh track, and bingo- ride from Eleebana Heads to Belmont to start of Fernleigh track, ride that all the way to Adamstown, and then from Adamstown to Newcastle CBD. Bit of car traffic on that stretch and need your wits about you.

32 km 1 way, nice nature, clean air. Like cycling summer early in dark to avoid heat, and winter-well when it was 5 degrees in morning I like a later start when sun is up.

Biggest thing was sorting out clothing for hot weather and now cold days. Just got a cold weather cycle jacket and leggings, and boy, anything over 15 degrees and it feels like a hot steamer wetsuit with hills-constantly zipping up and down the front.

But it sorta feels like a free lunch exercise session, and is so much better than exercising in a room.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: