View Single Post
Old 27-07-2023, 09:19 PM   #193
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 
Default Re: Best Aussie car of last 30 years

Do Australians even know what they have lost? Losing domestic car manufacturing is a mistake. Not just from a history or nostalgia point of view.
Today I priced up and engine repair on a large Korean SUV that has overheated and destroyed the engine.
To build an engine with genuine parts (they don’t sell long motors) is around $35,000 for parts alone. Or you can buy a reconditioned engine for $15,000. What do you do? You throw a $20,000 car in the bin, that’s what you do.
This is becoming normal. Once a car is out of warranty it’s on borrowed time. Any major failure or accident and it’s simply not viable to repair it.
Why would you spend $20,000 repairing a $20,0000 car that will only come with a 12 month or 20,000km warranty?

But I guess this fits with our disposable world we live in.

I’ll be driving my SZII Barra powered Territory for some years yet. It’ll probably get written off by some muppet in a Tesla.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
13 users like this post: