View Single Post
Old 01-11-2023, 10:31 AM   #43
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Ford cutting EV production

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
and riding bicycles.

I'll continue driving my ICE vehicles when they are needed but whats wrong with riding a bike, using public transport and walking. It's not like we have to justify the cost of rego. (or do we)

EV's are great but they still don't address to biggest problems in cities, gridlock and congestion.
If anything users will probably use them more to justify the cost of ownership.

Personal transport has its place but maybe we could all think a little harder about how often we need to use it and for what reason.
For every person you see walking, riding a bike, or sitting on a bus/train is one less single occupant car on the road, freeing up space for others who have to drive.
A lot of that has to do with poor town planning encouraging car use for short trips and lack of walking/cycling infrastructure as well as lack of public transport services or poor integration.

Melbourne's western suburbs lack rail infrastructure and then they think buses every half an hour that turn up late all the time and go down the congested western freeway are an adequate substitute.

If I want to go to the city my closest train station is 16km away, then the train only stops there once every hour in peak times and once every second hour in off peak - only takes me 50 minutes door to Melbourne CBD via car.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: