View Single Post
Old 26-11-2023, 11:30 PM   #2870
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
And this is the problem facing renters, people bidding up the rents while other simply can not offer more money going through the process.
Soon there will be no Nurses, Cops and Firey's in big cities as they will not able to afford to live there.
My 19yo daughter is training to be a nurse. She is now talking about “saving for a house”. I don’t have the heart to tell her that her future only becomes easier when she inherits both her parents houses when they die, not before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender
Most recent job started near me, they poured the second floor last week after more than a fortnight of formwork and roughing in. Now into it with wet saw, Kango etc - clearly, someone stuffed up. Formwork looked fairly pro, I’d say the principal contractor is at fault with setout or reading of plans.

So another job that will take up to twice the time it should, due to dodgy licencing and certification; no wonder there’s a shortfall in houses being completed.
There’s a new house being built near me, every day after 5pm a gentleman of subcontinental origin is there with his parked courier van, in a rented digger, literally digging the foundations by eye, and it looks it. Can’t imagine how that hovel will end up.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz