Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2023, 03:19 PM   #2667
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Luv the Honda mowers Interceptor but when upgrade came not long ago I went back down the Victa path thanks to DFB's mower summaries for my needs.
I bought a new Honda ~ 3 years ago, it wasnt seeing enough use to justify having it, so when a secondhand Honda turned up at the right price, who was I to argue, and the newer one moved on to a new home.

Of the Honda's I've owned since then, they've collectively cost me less than a new SP Victa, and after selling them on, I'm left at a profit, plus 2 nice, reliable mowers so I reckon I'm doing alright!

For the 4 that I've bought and onsold, my cost has been approximately $950 + servicing and I've sold them for a total of $1700.

My current HRU196 owes me $50 plus the same for a new air filter, spark plug, genuine blades & an oil change
My HRU194 I picked up this week, $56.99 for a slab of Great Northern stubbies, $11 for a spark plug and $30 for a set of blades.

At that kinda pricing, I cant really justify having the cost of a new mower that in a busy year will see maybe 20 hours total use....