View Single Post
Old 17-12-2023, 05:20 PM   #42
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 
Default Re: ANCAP is a waste of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
In 2011 I t-boned a TF Rodeo at around 90km/h in my first LV Focus, hit the passenger side B-pillar of the Rodeo and bent the ****er like a banana, thing was toasted and my Focus was completely rooted too.

We both survived, I walked out of it with superficial burns from the airbags, temporary deafness and some nasty bruising from the seatbelts, though if he had a passenger they'd have been pushing up daisies for sure. I reckon if that sort of accident happened today and I was in my VSII Caprice I'd probably be the one in the ground, those things fold up like a pancake if you just look at them.

Was his fault, I should see if I can find his apology letter the court made him send to me

You're spot on, depends on how the accident plays out to the result,

Was in mates Volvo yesterday and it got on the brakes big time because it picked up a car in the turning lane turning left as we were coming up behind it and it decided to jam on the brakes to prevent an accident that wasn't even on the cards.

This is happening all the time across many different brands. These “safety” systems are unregulated and being rushed to market to meet these bogus ancap ratings.
There’s very little evidence they help reduce accidents or the road toll. There’s even evidence starting to come out that may indicate accidents are increasing.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: