View Single Post
Old 13-05-2024, 06:01 PM   #2753
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
LOL this show always breaks me up and delivers.

Have any of you have any similar like Hyacinth amongst your group of friends ?
OMG we sure do - you know that group of friends you establish and get to know when your kids first start school.
My eldest boy, the wife obviously set the bar who our group of friends are from way back then and to this day might I add.
This poor bloke who funnily is typical and similar to Richard on the show, this guys wife is exactely like Hyacinth.
The guys name is Neil, all you hear is NEIL NEIL, he jumps, has to do this has to do that and only talks about herself and name drops when she can, and thinks she comes from high society.
Talks over him at lunch's dinners, me and the other mates look at each other lol and feel sorry for the dood but its his bed to lie in.
FFS she drives me nuts, my wife knows I avoid her like the plague, the cordial hello blah blah and the moment I can escape I'm off.
I certainly do!

I have an aunt that is like Hyacinth. Everything is spotless, and if its not, she's apologizing for it. She always buys name brand stuff at the supermarket despite being a middle income. She always cooks better than anyone else and using better ingredients than anyone else. She's done everything you have done, but better, and if not, then it's not worth doing in her opinion. She picks apart every other female by either discrediting her or by one upping her. If you have been sick, then she has been sicker. If you went on a holiday, she's been somewhere better. If you stay with her, it's like staying in a hotel. And yes, a name dropper too.

I say all that, but she's also a very generous person, a pleaser to her own detriment. But again, that stems back to the Hyacinth effect.

Even Patricia Routledge says that everyone has a Hyacinth in their life.

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: