View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 01:55 AM   #385
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Wow a weight loss thread on a car forum, LOL, who would have thought.

I was as big as 132kg (179cm) a couple of years ago and am settled around 85kg now with lots more muscle than I ever had when I was 132kg. Got down as low as 77kg but with the size I have that was pretty much unsustainable without 45 mins fairly intense cardio per day. Still have to watch what I do though as that fatty inside me is always waiting to bust out, if I eat too much of something I shouldn't I HAVE to go and pay for it in the gym, just something you have to do not to become a fatty again. But I am determined to never go back there.

Edit - Just thought I would add how I lost all that pudding. No diet plan or exercise plan to speak of. Just eat a lot less and definitely restrict carbs while hitting the gym pretty hard. Is not rocket science, less food in but with more energy expended = weight loss. I really find the elliptical style machines are great for burning calories but I do a bit of everything. I try to mix it up, would go pretty hard on one thing for a month, like one month I did between 2 and 4km in the pool every day without stopping, then went in the gym the next month on the elliptical/ski machine etc. Then when I had lost most of my size I started hitting the weights, HARD. And no rest between sets etc. so I can do weights while at the same time getting cardio workout. I can lift heavy and average over 140 beats per minute for 45 minutes if not mucking about. A good workout out on the elliptical will see average up around 165 beats per min for 45 minutes. Resting rate is now down to around 50. Get a heart rate monitor watch, the Polar F11 is quite good, and it is a great motivator. Helps prevent you from being slack.

Trev