View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 05:27 PM   #62
GotheProbe
Warrp Warrrp

Default V8 Probe - ahh hahaha (jeez it would be good though)

Haha - that's a cracker re: wanting to change the drive from a front to a rear driven car if a V8 was fitted. It reminded me of a recent TopGear comparison done between the new Vectra, Peugeot 407 and Subaru Legacy. In a nutshell the Vectra has a great engine but understeers so badly you can put the wheels full lock to one side, punch the accelerator & keeping going straight ahead; with the front wheels doing pretty much nothing except shredding rubber & creating a cloud. I think the Probe with a V8 would produce similar results. Nah I think the engine is best left pretty much as is. A couple of years ago I saw on E-bay a guy trying to sell a full turbo kit he'd been messing around with on his Probe but he got sick of blowing gaskets - so the morale is 'enjoy what you've got'
My Probe is in great nick (knock on wood) but at some point I'd love to give the paintwork a bit of a lift. Not that it's bad (white) and it hasn't faded at all but a fresh gloss would be great. Has anyone got any ideas how much a paint job costs? Do you have to go back to bare bones or could you get he top coat sanded & then a couple a fresh layers & gloss applied?
Cheers. :eclipsee_
GotheProbe is offline   Reply With Quote