Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2020, 08:32 PM   #288
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute83 View Post
Flu shots are available now at the major pharmacies. Winter is ending in the other half. This could be affecting the larger death toll and people with compromised immune systems.
2GB has been advertising the Flu shot for Chemist Warehouse for weeks now.

2 weeks ago I was at my doctor in Marrickville to get the 1yr shots for my daughter.

I asked if I can go and grab the Flu shot from the chemist so he can give it to me. No worries.

Went to Chemist Warehouse and was shocked that they will not get it till the end of April - and I had to book it online.

I asked why they are advertising it now and what is the delay and she said most stores are on a similar time frame and she had no clue of the advertising.

Sure enough, if you go to Chemist Warehouse and try to book the Flu shot in Marrickville the first date available is 28th April.

I did email 2GB asking why they are advertising a product in Late Feb / early March that isn't available for months and they just replied saying thanks for the email.

Ok, I have fooled around with the site.

Bankstown and Hyde Park 30th March, Punchbowl 6th April, Campsie May 11!, Hurstville April 2nd.

Why such a huge gap in availability?????

May book the Hyde park one and get it done before I start work. Sooner the better.

Edit: Just tried to book Hyde Park. They have a glitch in their system. Calendar says ther have available bookings, but then below both morning and afternoon slots booked out. Same with the 31st.

Go figure....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......

Last edited by Yellow_Festiva; 21-03-2020 at 08:38 PM.
This user likes this post: