View Single Post
Old 30-06-2020, 05:00 PM   #9
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Default Re: Doctors and Very Old Drivers

We, well not me, I'm talking about the royal we, do deteriorate with age.

You name it, it deteriorates.

The only exception I can find is ear hair; it gets worse with age.

Nasal hair can be another bother.

I recently had my cataracts fixed and I can't believe the number of wrinkles on my wife's face.

I checked her out immediately after I got a fright in the bathroom. There staring back at me in the mirror was this old bloke with wrinkles, skin blemishes, bags under his eyes; and hair growing out of his ears!

It begs the question. When you have grey hair everywhere on ya face and head, why are ear hairs black?

I now can empathise with people who have been in a coma for a number of years and wake up in horror at how their body has "changed."

So how did I cope driving the car, and more importantly, towing a caravan?

It was ezy. First, there was my wife who is able to do a running commentary on road hazards ahead and behind me; and she also has the innate ability to advise me of a parking space once we have passed it.

Then there are the grandkids. When they stop bickering in the back seat I know I am steering towards danger, so I keep a lookout and turn my hearing aids up so I can take directions from my wife.

I have trained her well. She now knows that LOOKOUT! is not a word to use lightly and it should be used only as a last resort.

I'll see youse on the road, targets!
Cav is offline   Reply With Quote
26 users like this post: