View Single Post
Old 30-09-2006, 11:56 AM   #19
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder 2
If there are heath and safety concerns I hope the organisers have taken the necessary precautions like a properly thoughout evacuation plan in case there is a emergency.

As a project engineer for a major engineering construction company we look at all aspects of a project to minimise or eliminate risk to people and property.

If this is the level of safety management as outlined in the quotation above I will not take part.

Apart from the safety aspect I have spent all that money on a GT to have damaged at event like this.

I only answered the question based on my knowledge (as a regular member of the club, who has listened at meetings) and only because when the question was asked none of the executive members of the club were online and i knew that no cars are to leave until after the end of the show.

I wont address the health and safety aspect, but will briefly comment on it, because i dont know the ins and outs of the plan for the day. Rest assured, much planning has gone into this, the members of our club have put in alot of work to make sure the day is fun, but have decided to minimise risk by not allowing cars to be moving around the event while there are many many people around, including children(as it is a family fun day with other attractions aswell).

I will ask one of the exec members to address your concerns, but this day wouldnt go ahead if it were not safe and properly planned.

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote