View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 12:32 PM   #272
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Marriage - Bliss or Prison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
…..My biggest regret is that I wasn't there for my wife when she needed me the most. Not that it was ever intentional, I just was too insulated to be able to see the signs. And, on some things, she felt she couldn't share them with me. I haven't had the chance to tell her that, but would really love to do that some day. Not to make me feel better, but just so that she knows that I'm sorry for every time I wasn't there for her and the hurt I caused as a result. That, to me, is the sign of love; even in our failed marriage I still don't want to hurt her.
Thank you for your post - one of true value and reflection on life.

In a marriage we all have fights and in the red mist want to lash out and hurt the other in that moment. But when the dust has settled and in the following calm, even if there are still "issues"- if you still fundamentally do not want to hurt your partner and viscerally rip them apart I agree it means there is still love there.

And I totally agree that life and living is too precious not to take the risk of giving a union a go through fear of failure.

And I met my wife via an introduction through a mate. And I am still with my wife, and still catch up for bicycle rides with my mate.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender

Last edited by asagaai; 12-06-2020 at 12:38 PM.
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: