View Single Post
Old 28-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #36
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_060606
Hey Guys,
I work for a Dealer in Melb that was caught up in the Hail Storm. We had minor damage to all but 4 vehicles in stock, and none were written off. Its too time consuming to fix the vehicles, and based on what we get back on average per vehicle its better to notify the people and offer them an incentive to purchase.

The thing i wish people would understand, if it has one dint in the bonnet and a slight dint in the roof, this does not mean your going to get $10,000 off. The vehicles still owe the dealer money, and depending on the extent of the damage on the cars, will depend how much the insurance company pays back. Most likely you will be offered compinsation that covers the cost and then some to fix the vehicle.
All customers at our Dealership are informed on which cars are effected.
The thing people need to understand is it's the dealers problem the vehicles are damaged. If I was to trade my vehicle in being damaged but professionally repaired (which you noted upon inspection) would you offer me the same money for my trade in as the same vehicle without the damage? I doubt it. Likewise, you're hail damaged vehicle is worth half it's price to me.

The most these heavily damaged vehicles in Perth are probably only worth 50% of their RRP. Most repair costs will run into the thousands upon thousands of dollars. Speak to any panel beater what a roof job is worth and you'd be lucky to get change from $10k. Further to that, you may find it hard to insure your repaired vehicles.

The dealers are attempting to capitalise on the gullable folk who think they can pickup a bargain.