Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 12:12 PM   #4017
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey
I always liked 'Victoria - Garden State', everything since seems just ego.
I'll never forget the 90's: On the move...

To queensland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2
You missed the point. Of course high density is a factor, Hong Kong overcame this by having a 99% compliance with mask wearing. If they managed to do it why couldn't other places? They didn't even have to wait for their gov to tell them what to do, they worked it out for themselves.
Now I've no idea what you are talking about. I said HD living is a factor and I also said (in several posts) that a disobedient population was a factor. Can you explain to me exactly what you think I'm wrong about ?

If this sounds like an attack it isn't meant to. I'm confused...

Those of you rubbing your hands together gleefully waiting for us old and sick to die off just remember viruses mutate. In 1918 the first wave only killed a few, then the second wave killed a lot of people and quickly. It was helped by public apathy after the first round "fizzled". I guess the young and fit then thought they were invincible, until they weren't...

As for bubonic plague it's never gone away. Most people in Europe and of European descent have genetic resistance to it, that's the only reason we don't have regular plagues. The Chinese seem not to be so lucky, but it's contained by rapid responses.

No doubt some of you are acquainted with the fate of the Native Americans just prior to colonisation.
This user likes this post: