View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 09:29 AM   #153
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkgirl View Post
bwa ha ha.... what did the paint chick look like?

I'm guessing that is thw windsor mitre 10?- I will tell you a tale of that Mitre 10. My brother was the retail manager up until 2012. The owner got in a consultant - we'll call him Mick - who redid the store pricing based on his "successful formula" - which meant jacking up the prices & reducing available stock. This is "successful" in rural areas where bunnings & masters are non existant - not so much when the bunnings is less than 5 mins away. This so-called consultant had a track record of doing this to other small hardware stores, then buying them when they failed & selling them to, you guessed it, bunnings. The only store which got wise was Canada Bay hardware, who turfed him.

They are slowly going down the tube though....... geez I wont hate that when they close!

btw, who was the independent guy?
Yep that's the store

Sad it used to be really good, I used to buy every thing from there and their smaller Richmond outlet when it was open, then it went to **** (about the time you mentioned)

The paint chick was in her mid to late 40's carrying a few kg's but not big if you know what I mean, but was a real "hater" you could tell by her conversation with her friends she wasn't happy unless she was complaining about something

I actually like the store because they have stuff real stuff now just enough real stuff to not quite finish a job, but they're not doing them selfs any favours

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: