View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 11:32 PM   #221
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Concentrating on the working unit, I'm looking for something/anything that happens in the "red-zone" I've highlighted:

1st line is the touch screen.
2 is a spare probe which isn't connected.
3 Video input reset.
4 iThing chip reset.
5 Small board serial transmitter.
6 Large board serial transmitter.
7 Bluetooth Rx (transmitter from main CPU).
8 Bluetooth Tx.
9 Bluetooth reset (from main CPU).

The broken board sees #4 (iThing) never become re-enabled.

The working board has many things that constantly happen (various clocks) but after spending a lot of time testing different things (on both sides of the board) I can't find anything which changes in the red zone other than Bluetooth's 3 identified lines.

I've included the touch screen because it's the closest thing that "happens" but zooming in, it shows the large board talking to the small board before that occurs. It's also well after the iThing reset is released (goes high).

Every other signal of interest I noted from the working unit is doing the same on the broken unit. Clocks and all the other signals from the various subsystems. Interestingly, the LCD screen & backlight power chips don't get enabled until about 24 seconds in (and when they do, it's for a very short period).

I don't think the main CPU has a broken I/O pin - at least, I can't find any candidates to test. I'm going to go back and re-test all the power regulators, I think, over this entire boot period. Not tonight though.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: