View Single Post
Old 21-07-2021, 10:12 PM   #488
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
I'm not going to make a habit of posting extra stuff like this..
I wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
Somehow there are 3 modes, each of which looks up one of these byte values, but I can't tell how to switch modes - so set them all to the same value - as they are presently...
So, I'm talking to my car-mad mate at work about this stuff (the one who says I own a taxi, while he's got a couple of really old Skylines)... I tell him about the RPM alarm I've now got, and he asks, can you set it differently depending on which gear you're in, because that's what I had to do with new my set-up?

ID 0xEE01 via OBD2 may get a work-out sometime later, because I'm not pulling the Cluster out anytime soon again!

Incidentally, the boost gauge on the FPVs, that's a real gimmick I feel - it reacts at the touch of a, well, foot-pedal. I was sure I had the calculations correct for boost on my "home made" gauges (negative at idle, closing in on zero with revs in neutral, building with power in gear) but this thing seems to move about just to make you feel good. Maxes out fairly easily too, and while I've had my car tuned, there's not much more going on in the hardware over stock, cold-air-filter?

Maybe I am going to switch to a 2-Bar gauge soonish too. Lucky I moved the [new full-size] EEPROM to the other side of the circuit board [now using a socket]. 5 of the EEPROM pins are gounded, so I only needed 4 wires in ribbon format of about 9cm to do that. Good decision. I cut a couple of plastic air-vent bits off so it can be removed from the unit without any disassembly. Got to pull it out from the car though.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: