View Single Post
Old 30-08-2021, 06:05 PM   #497
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

I checked my "Read By ID" dumps of the donor MKI G6E Cluster I've got here, also checked the MKI EEPROM dump in general. I don't see the same repeating value of 0x78 like I do in my MKII Cluster. It's possible it wasn't a changeable setting in the MKI.

EE01 is the ID to use in a MKII. That ID doesn't exist in a MKI either.

If you can get hold of a MKI Cluster firmware update file (should be a bit less than about 256KB) then I can find out for sure. I have managed to find another 8.8KB firmware part/file for the MKII Cluster (this bit loads into RAM for speedier execution, branching out to the larger Flash memory firmware when needed). But I have not been able to download any MKI firmware files from the Ford-IDS download site.

They remove old firmware files when there is an update and you need to guess the latest filename exactly to be given it. You would need to know someone who has had the IDS system for a while, and who has a nice collection of firmware files in the IDS Program Files directory. You would only need the filenames/directly-listing as the files will be available to download.

Last edited by JasonACT; 30-08-2021 at 06:24 PM.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote