Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 23-03-2020, 07:34 PM   #432
prydey
Rob

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Well, im not sure how I feel, part of me is relieved, part of me is sad and theres a kind of numbness in between but I was informed this afternoon that my employer is shutting the doors as of Thursday 9th March permanently as they cant survive without ongoing work.
Costs are too high to have a fleet of 20 buses sitting idle, cant blame them really and being the realist that I am, fully expected it at any tick of the clock anyway.

I've decided to finish up this Friday for two reasons, firstly to get a head start on the rest of our crew in looking for any work that I can get, although im not holding my breath, and secondly, because one of my colleagues Husband was laid off last week when the Coach work ceased and he's an older guy who'll find it even harder to find something so I figure the remaining 2 weeks of my run will benefit them more than me.

So, with that said, Saturday morning im hooking up the camper and heading up the river for a few days of isolated, free camping, to destress and clear my head whilst we're still allowed outside.
Sorry to hear mate. Hope you can find something to get you by in this tough time. As a single income family we only just get by each week however of you need anything just yell out and I'll see what I can do.

As for the camping, technically that is 'non essential travel' so may be frowned upon by some. I was intent on still going to mambray at Easter, given I can do the whole weekend without interacting with anyone but it seems I may have to cancel.

All the best mate.